Looking for ways to Integrate, Load, Transfer and automate your Hubspot Data into Google Sheet, Looker studio, Excel, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, BigQuery, Redshift, Snowflake and other data warehouse infrastructure?
If you are looking for quick answer to bring hubspot data into Google Sheet, try this Supermetrics. But read the below on why you should or should not choose any tools.
Hubspot has immense amount of data of every behaviour the user make. From the information a user visit to all the CTA buttons, form filling, landing pages, transactional, UTM and every other custom field we would.
Until last year Hubspot reporting not that great in terms of the custom reporting feature, to be frank which I wrote about it last year. However, the new features which released on the last few months are allowing us to create multiple reports.
Still, the analyst wants in-depth data to mashup multiple data sets across different tools. As we all know HubSpot has its reporting API which anybody can use it for their use case. However, it is not easy for non dev techies. And in recent years the launch of multiple ETL tools has made our job easier to connect with any sources. Whether it is just simple google sheet or hardcore transferring data to warehouses like BigQuery and amazon redshift, it’s pretty easy now.
Marketers, analyst, and companies are increasing their usage of Hubspot data in default interface into advanced models. I basically try to bring in HubSpot data into Google Sheet for some cohort analysis reporting(Hubspot has some default one though). Anyway let’s quickly take into the different tools
Why do we need Hubspot Data automation?
- The important benefit of this usage is saving time.
2. Easy to scale the same approach whether you are a boutique agency or multi-brand owner who owns more than dozens of account.
3. In advanced analysis especially for machine learning and multiple data connection between different marketing/crm tools, we need a proper marketing datawarehouse
4. Predictive data modelling/natural language processing that can be only achieved if we have proper data infrastructure. Especially in marketing, it is critical as we are the one who strategizes the growth of the company by collecting audience data to analysing
Other use cases are
- sending data into tableau for [view only] visualization
- Sending data into data warehouse for my data Scientists to do their analysis (some people Indeed directly pull to R studio or python environment)
Also, Each one of us works in different technology stack, so am going to share short snippets of every possible way and so you can explore further on this. This information provided here are only a awareness of different approaches and not a in depth explanation as each company mentioned below has more expert posts than I can provide.
Transferring to Google Data Studio directly
Ooh! Finally, the free visualisation tool is available And for budget users, the perfect love comes from Google.
For direct transfer, you can use supermetrics,
Transferring to Google Sheet
You may just want to transfer the data directly into google sheet in an automated(hourly/daily) fetch for simple reporting like budget monitoring, creative report, or simple analysis from multiple hubspot account data. For this case, the best and affordable ways are
- Integromat (Link – Hubspot with Google Sheets), it’s free if you are data sync is within 100MB data transfer
- Flatly This is a new tool I explored recently, it is free & cheap. so you may try
Transferring to BigQuery
Usages like the advanced analysis from 100+ accounts with terabytes of data, building a marketing data warehouse for business intelligence (BI) or for any machine learning analysis where analyst wanted to pull numbers into their R Studio or Python environment, it is efficient to fetch data from Bigquery or any storage solutions. There are multiple ways to do from Manually writing api to automate, so I would recommend considering ready-made solutions as it is easy to start faster
Transferring to Google Sheet and then to Bigquery
Cases like where you want to clean these data before it gets passed to Bigquery, you need some environment, Google has it’s beta solution of data prep to do this but not everyone can afford to expertise to achieve this or even you can do SQL queries to clean and merge data directly in Bigquery interface but you want the simplest solution where everyone can play a part in cleaning. Anyway, it’s up to your requirements. So you can
- Use Singer or supemetrics to import data into Google sheet, (Clean, merge or do the custom calculation)
- Then automate your google sheet into Bigquery. Simple explanation on how to do that from google
Transferring into Tableau directly
What If you are already using business intelligence tool like tableau and your company is not in google environment and Microsoft product. simple..
Transferring to Google sheet and then to Tableau
A case you are not a SQL expert but you are expert at Excel formula and a big believer in coding is for losers or your requirement itself has something to do with Google sheet. Similar to Bigquery, Tableau also has a free inbuilt google sheet connector that makes our job easier to connect to Google sheet which means
- Use G-Accon/supermetrics to import data into Google sheet,
- Clean, merge, do a custom calculation
- Use Tableau google sheet connector and visualize in Tabluea
Transferring into Bigquery > R Studio/Python Environment > then to Tableau
What if you are a data scientist and expert analyst you want to get the terabytes of data into Bigquery as Google sheet cannot accompany your requirement of more than 2million cells? Or you want to pull data into Bigquery , then push to Rstudio/python environment for further data modeling or prediction algorithms and then push to Tableau.
- Singer.io, Stitchdata, Blendo, Xplenty to push data into BigQuery
- Use RStudio/Python to connect to BigQuery
- Do your stuff, then push into Bigquery
- Use Tableau inbuilt connector to connect BigQuery
Transferring into Snowflake, Panoply
Transferring into Periscope, PowerBI, Looker
- or transfer using any of the warehouse option available above and then connect to Periscope/PowerBI or Looker from the data warehouse
Transferring into MySQL,PostgreSQL
Transferring into Amazon RDS, Redshift
Transferring into Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Azure
In simple, list of the tools available for transfer to Bigquery, Google Sheet, Snowflake, Microsoft Excel
- or NATIVE API from hubspot
what do you think? Let me know if i missed out anything, will be happy to add and correct any mistakes.