This is how we track and ACT to enhance the user journey & Product across Tradly
Everybody has mentioned it. “Measure what you do” And I have also told to many but saying is easy but following it and making it as a discipline is hard. There is 3 goals I try to achieve from this dashboard and analytics
- Utilising the Team time efficiently on implementing what user expects, not what I wanted or on fancy stuff. This tracking helps.
- Seeing how my marketing work is transforming into product adoption. and which work EXACTLY works (so I need to judge the performance not by overall conversion data but the exact improvements we did).
- To make myself active, self motivated, I start to setup trackers, monitors and dashboard to see how the work we are doing is making the team time impactful. If I don’t setup dashboards, I’m going to spend extra few minutes every day to go search console or mixpanel to track one by one. And after few months of this habit, now everyday my first work or the last work on this project is looking at this dashboards. Previously, it was just GA mobile app.
- This is how we track our SEO efforts at Tradly. We didn’t put much effort comparing to the amount of product work we put as a team. So the results may not be huge, however this is what is needed for us at this stage until we fully get the retention right.
2. Each of the content theme ideas are created on one specific month. We execute around 30% of the content we planned for the theme. Publish, Do interlinking to get fast indexing. And leave it for another a month or so before investing more into that theme.
Same goes for all others theme.
3. The first goal is to get index and impression. By this we already know the exact demand without worrying about SEO tools approximate demand numbers.
4. Once we know the impression, we know this is something to be tweaked to improve further. More efforts done on interlinking to increase the clicks. Tracking every keyword or performance by position is tiresome works. So we have another view that tracks the position performance. Usually I don’t even put effort or time into it. This need a special allocated resource to go through this properly.
5. But if we find there is traffic(as you seen in dashboard), not just impressions or position, we double down the effort there by doing more content on the theme. Also we watch what works and try to improve the content. Here the goal is more conversion to signup.
From here Product Analytics
6. From Mixpanel (or from any product analytics), we setup a funnel chart to track the visit to signup. it is possible to track it simply via GA Goal conversion. That’s how we did it from initial time as it’s easy to setup but we wanted to go deeper by adding many stages in the funnel to understand what the user do after signup. and secondly we are passing additional dimension into every events (the unique ID, templates they used), this gives us an indication of what they try to achieve and whether we have that.
Until here the marketing works. Once it’s done. We moved to product analytics
7. We are late in Embracing full product analytics due to limited resource to focus on other prioritize. Whether we have resource or not, it become critical because we need to make data driven decisions on product priorities.
Last one year we did many new product features or ecosystem(templates, integrations) based activities which we need to track to decide whether we should increase our investment there or not.
A. If we know certain integrations is more used by the users, we need to continuously enhance them, improve the explanation in the integration page about the benefits, etc. So the conversion rate is higher. If it’s less used, we need to identify why.
B. If certain categories of integrations is having higher adoption, we need to add more similar. Adding more integrations not only help the product usage, but also increase Partner Network. Where we can add this integrations into 3rd party marketplaces
C. We also track whether they uninstall or not using the integration anymore. This could be they don’t like the integration or also could be they didn’t continue to use our product.
NOte: the reason why we use accumulated data is because we don’t have big volume of data to see on a daily trends.
- By Knowing which templates they use, we can see whether to invest in particular more features template or not.
- And also help sales(me) to see the user intent of which templates they used before reaching out to them.)
- And when looking by email_ID which templates they used, I can personalize the sales email and also know what to speak on a demo call.
The colors varies based on templates they use, due to confidentiality, I didn’t mention it here.
10. Product Features used in Superadmin
11. View Type used in Superadmin (for UX )
Exact Measures of Marketing work
12. Critical Features Adoption
Is people configuring the important functionalities? (Knowing when somebody configure their catalogue or payment method shows whether the product adoptions is there or not)
13. New Feature Adoption
- Is people inviting others?
- Is people fully doing the onboarding ?
- Are they adding custom domain? This is a weighty indicator to tell this user has sort of liked our product and went until to this effort
Is people using the design editor? We have a event property to see what functionalities they use, And also a Survey to ask What functionalities is missing in the editor.
Overall we cannot invest too much in SEO or organic traffic before fully fixing the leaking bucket. There is norm in the churn rate of every SaaS tools but when the churn is too much, we need to identify what is missing. Once we fixed it, all the effort we put in organic going to fruitful, so the higher % of signup conversion can become a paying customer. If churn is there because of no exact features the user need, we understand it’s okay but churn should not happen because of bad UX, Stability of the user, Quality of the features. That’s the final goal.
Would you like to setup a Tracking framework like this? I provide paid consultation
If you have resource problems but still want to setup something like this. Let me know, I provide consultation and have team to setup the whole thing for you on the commercial project.