Mobile App – Market Research Tool – Complete Guide – Comparison – Pricing – Pros and Cons
Looking for a best mobile app market research platform to help your business? In this guide, we will cover
- Why do people use mobile app market research platform?
- Comparison of different platforms
- More resource on App Research platforms
Why do people use mobile app market research tool?
A small story, assume you are in retail clothing shop business. You could be opening this business for the first time or want to expand the business. Usually few of the activity of your planning is looking could be like the below
- What’s already happening at the location you have chosen?
- What type of products are those stores offering?
- How much approximate footfall in that store?
- How many similar stores are there, is their service good?
- Is it Low-end items or high-end items they are selling?
We check at all these facts and so we can find advantage and disadvantages of all the things we going to decide or even it can make a small positive impact on our planning.
For online businesses like yours, you have the tools and platform where you can get answers to this questions before setting up the business… and the same case for mobile app business as well
Below are the some of the things which may be looking for answer
- Which keywords are people searching online before they reaching that business?
- what is search volume for a keyword, which apps rank for a keyword, how difficult the keyword is? (Which tells the demand of the keyword as well)
- what is the keywords are used on competitor/similar apps and so they can use it on app descriptions to make sure we get the visibility in the search ranking as well
- Which are the Marketing channel which brings traffic to that business?
- what is the position of our app and also our competitor app?. Having this information can serve them to monitor the spot and targeting to reach that spot can bring organic installs and awareness for the users
- How many apps are competing in that category?
- What’s the name of those apps ranking?
- How have they used the words in the title, short description, Long description, screenshots, etc? And for people who think in different perspective, there is a lot of different answers than the straightforward things I have written here.
So going inside the details, here I have shared the details of app market research tools and their details (please do comment if I have missed )
The list of mobile app market research platforms and comparison of features
|Price/month||Free | $30 | $70 | $200||$79 | $150 | Enterprise||$25/app/month||$150/month | Enterprise||$15||$350 | Enterprise ($$$)||$200 | Enterprise||$15 | $76 | $400||Free | Enterprise ($$$)||$9 | $200|
|Free / Free trial||Yes, free for 2 apps (req. CC)||Yes – limited to one app (requires CC for trial||Yes – limited to 50 pageviews per app||Yes – free for one app||Yes – demo account and no login required||Yes – limited to 3 apps (free for life)||Yes – free for devs||Yes (free for 1 app and 5 keywords)||Yes (free with limited features)||Yes – free for 5 apps|
|Internalization||Yes||Yes||No (US and Japan only)||No||No||Yes||No||No (US|DE)||Yes||Yes|
|3rd Party Integrations||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||No||No||Yes||No||No||No|
|Observations||Free plan allows 2 apps, allows integrations||Basic plan is limited, not all features are accessible||Some pages are too filled with actions and information||Simple, but also not as many tools as others||Limited to its essence (the keyword table)||Most features require upgrade||Most suited for app analytics rather than optimization||Rather basic ASO tools||They acquired Distimo too, plenty of features||More of an app reporting platform|
Source of this comparison table: https://www.androidb.com/2014/07/10-tools-to-help-with-google-play-store-optimization-for-your-app/
More resource on App Market Research platforms
- Kissmetrics guide: https://blog.kissmetrics.com/app-store-optimization/ This article explains from the basic of app research platforms to why you need it and some sample reports explain what you can get out of it. Those pictures really explain the most used use cases.
- Medium Article with more unique tools on App store intelligence https://medium.com/@incipiagabe/our-full-list-of-app-store-optimization-tools-b77f17e052dd
- This article provides a collection of a video from each app research tools http://www.businessofapps.com/guide/app-store-optimization-tools/